Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tomorrow.

Well, tomorrow's the day to depart. It's so crazy that it's already here. In January, this seemed so far away, but after our packing party (see Angela's post below) it all hit me: I am really going to Africa. I'll get to see people and places that most Americans only see in National Geographic or on TV. Traveling abroad is an experience my group is so lucky to have.

We'll be leaving from the Des Moines International Airport tomorrow afternoon. We have several connecting flights (one even in Brussels) before landing in Rwanda. It'll be a long trip - but definitely a worth while one.

I am pretty much done packing, but I keep re-opening and re-checking and re-weighing my suitcase and carry-on bag. I think it's a mix of nerves and complete excitement. I can't wait until we get there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment