Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

So it has been raining all day here.. Actually it's pouring outside now. Other than that though, it is still a fun time here in Rwanda. We went to the school today and taught the kids there some new songs and helped them with their Engish and they also helped us with the Kinyarwandan.

A few of us are here at the internet cafe doing the blog and later we will be going to the market to get some food for dinner in which we are going to help cook (wish me luck on that one). If anyone gets sick, they can go ahead and blame that on me.

So one more week until we head home and thankfully, time is going by pretty slowly. I'm glad it is too because I want to enjoy Africa and I can definitely say I feel like I'm learning a lot about their culture. Yesterday I was helping to build a bathroom where I helped carry rafters onto the roof, move bricks, nail the rafters down and finally spent most of my time there digging a whole with some of the local workers. I had a good conversation with them.

Hopefully the rest of the trip will be fun with lots more adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment