Thursday, May 19, 2011

Freedom






Finally back to the states and out of Africa, feels so weird. I think every time I look at my watch, knowing it does not have the right time, I see what time it would be in Africa and think about what we would be doing during that time. Leaving and being essentially disconnected to everything was very freeing. I loved that I was detached from my cell phone and T.V. and all other clutter and noise that got in the way of the raw beauty Rwanda had to offer.
I am very much missing Africa and all the people that we met and became friends with. The vibe and energy given off was contagious. Getting back into reality has its way of pulling you down, yet a hard reminder that I am so very blessed with simple things as a bed, roof over my head, and a hot shower.

Some pictures while we were there. The first is a few of us girls with Ben Beck who has a major part in running the research station for conservation of the apes in the Gishwati forest, who had a great influence on us all and wished he could be along our entire trip.
Second shows Maggie and Megan working on one portion of our service learning project in Rwanda which was to build a library.
Some other pictures are of some animals that we saw there!


No comments:

Post a Comment