Friday, May 6, 2011

This Time for Africa!!

Well, I'm in Africa now and I'm having a blast. I can't believe I've only been here since Monday! Seems like it has been so much longer because we have done a lot of stuff and met so many cool people and of course, cute kids. After a not too long flight (or so it seemed) and eating the delicious airline food, I am definitely happy to be here in Rwanda. I can't remember all we have done or how I felt at different times while we were doing them, but overall I am very happy I chose to come to Rwanda for my May Term trip. The first night we slept in the Great Ape Trust office and in the morning, Greg and I were woken up by this very annoying bird who insisted that wake up call was at 5:30am. We then headed to the field station a few hours away and of course got our daily "African massage" on the way there. We met many awesome people there and are many people I know I will not forget who worked there like Innocent, Eric, Gerard and many other cool people and lots of kids who love to play football and love to get their pictures taken. So far the thing I'm going to remember the most is when we were in the Gishwati Forest where at the end of the trail, there was a waterfall. I had never seen a waterfall before, so it was very cool to be standing right next to one. The guide brought a mango and we were all standing there enjoying out mangoes when the next thing we know, there was a monsoon and the waterfall went from beautiful to trying to kill us. We all moved as fast as we could to get out of there thankfully we all made it. It may have been dangerous, but it was so much fun and the way back was even more fun with the briges being washed out and we had to cross creeks by walking through them. Now I'm in an internet cafe and my time is about up, but I am excited for the rest of this trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment